Twitter hides Trump tweet calling for "THUGS" to be shot

It’s probably just economic anxiety; can hardly blame the poor guy for feeling it so intensely after all that bankruptcy…

2 Likes

same thread…
https://twitter.com/k3lese/status/1265871849310900226

Yeah, definitely a white man trying to pop shit off.

6 Likes

With credit to @donwinslow on the tweets, and honestly no fact checking from me, so grain of salt and all, this phrase apparently (reportedly) originated with “a racist white Miami police chief named Walter Headley who targeted black people ahead of the 1967 Republican National Convention.” So, yeah, right on point again.

7 Likes

Welcome to Trump’s Amurrrrica

This is definitely not a case of everyone “suddenly” deciding that the word is bad just because the bad orange man said it. It’s been used as a racist dog whistle for black people (and black men in particular) for decades now by people in power.

11 Likes

Is there any other reasonable view? 'cause I could sure use one.

2 Likes

He’s still using Twitter despite all his attacks on the service. He’s just a junkie, isn’t he?

5 Likes

Well, he’s a dickhead so that seems fine.

So… why doesn’t he?

18 Likes

It seems the orange bozo wants to play “quid pro quo.”

2 Likes

Orange avalanche of adipose?

8 Likes

It would be such a shame if he stopped using twitter altogether.

10 Likes

While we are arguing words. The term is MERKIN.

Murkin is not that but an obvious variation on Murrican.
And with that I am done feel free to carry on with the derail If you like.

14 Likes

Wondering what memory the guy has of George Floyd, and otherwise how he can determine it is being dishonored.

3 Likes
10 Likes

You are looking at this from a short-term perspective. Yes, it might distract people now, but him not having Twitter hurts him much, much more.

3 Likes

Yep, my mistake. Carry on

1 Like

There is no ambiguity in this situation. Just because you might not use the word “thug” with racially charged meaning, doesn’t mean Trump or any of his cronies would use it any other way.

The protesters are not exclusively Indian. That would be the only way to read the situation as you did.

9 Likes

Use it as you will, but be prepared that, if you use it in reference to POC, you’re going to get side-eye or worse from people who know the subtext.

12 Likes

Because they are counting on their readers looking at the surface, not actually reading anything or thinking about it. If his cultists did that, he wouldn’t have them.

3 Likes