Unable to catch her breath, Marjorie Taylor Greene says "masking children is child abuse"

She later resorts to Shakespearean poetry to get her point across. "Now while Democrats are going on ‘with a mask for thee and not for me,’ kids have had enough

“Resorts to” makes it sound like she’s read or is familiar with Shakespeare. “Happened to allude to”is more like it.

9 Likes

“I’d like to talk about how children feel about wearing masks,” said anti-science Greene. “You see, while they’re watching television, seeing Super Bowl games, where adults are filling stadiums without masks and enjoying themselves, they are forced to wear masks every single day at school and it’s wrong. Actually it’s child abuse.”

Using what’s been observed at a football game as a hair-brained political scare tactic. Where have I heard that before.

2 Likes

Yeah my kid is in elementary school, and understands how serious the pandemic is. Unfortunately she’s spent about a quarter of her life in this weirdness.

And she doesn’t mind masking up. I’m of the mind that, for them, it’s the equivalent of being told to wear pants. They may not always want to, but they do when the adults insist, and it doesn’t seem to hamper them in any way.

18 Likes

Certainly better than having this as your final visitor while on a ventilator.

7 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

huemanatee

9 Likes

A lot of the time it’s b/c people like us take care of the people who are like that. e.g., How many times have you literally prevented a shitty, clueless driver’s wreck or possible death with your own skilled driving? How many times have you witnessed other good drivers doing it?

How so many mask- and vaxholes survive, however, is well beyond my ken.

We also, w/varying degrees of patience, explain over and over again just why it’s absolutely crucial we keep an eye on and report on fascist asshole politicians’ antics.
Dean-really-bs-again
No one is forcing anyone to read nor comment on these stories.
get over yrself 3

11 Likes

Is she psychic? How does she know the Super Bowl crowd will be maskless.

4 Likes

Psychic, psycho, what’s the difference?

3 Likes

Children hate it. It was a lame cartoon, and the toys were subpar at best.

(Don’t even get them started on the Jim Carey Mask cartoon…)

9 Likes

As with comparing Covid restrictions to the Holocaust, I really wonder how actual victims of child abuse feel about MTG and other QNuts making the assertion that masking is child abuse. It trivializes the reality of child abuse. If you can’t recognize child abuse then, well, maybe YOU are the abuser?

And of course, the fact that grown ups who should know better aren’t wearing masks isn’t an argument to let kids go maskless in schools. Especially when those schools often have poor ventilation, have immunocompromised individuals among their population and many of the kids aren’t vaccinated yet.

16 Likes

They’re checking everyone for vaccination and negative tests, they are giving everyone a KN95 mask. All the articles I read, when officials are asked about enforcing the mask wearing they all say it will be difficult and in the end it’s personal responsibility.

So my best guess is…

No masks but maybe 70,000 people will surprise me.

Although my kid and her husband recently flew out to the same stadium for a BTS concert, they said almost everyone kept their mask on. Completely different crowd though.

I don’t have high hopes.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the stupidest argument. What about when they see grown-ups drinking beer on TV? Does that mean we should get rid of the drinking age??? (I actually have thoughts about that, but I’m sure they’re different than Empty-G’s)

10 Likes

If the GQP gave a shit about actual child abuse they wouldn’t be throwing their full support behind figures like Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan.

17 Likes

She seems to be unaware of the plural of mask.

3 Likes

i see the people not wearing “mask” at sporting events…YES GO ON…
i see people not wearing mask at concerts…YES…please continue…
i see people not wearing mask at the grocery store…UH Huh…

and this amounts to cHiLd ABusE!

oh, darn…soooooo close.

4 Likes

The Canadian Women’s Ice Hockey team played (and won) an entire game wearing masks, but wearing masks is somehoe child abuse???

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-08/beijing-winter-olympics-ice-hockey-womens-canada-russia/100812486

5 Likes

Everyone who plays hockey/skates at my local municipal rink have been wearings masks while they play since the rink opened in September, kids included. It’s not a big deal, if anything, it’s improved my lung capacity.

8 Likes

I can’t speak for other victims, but my own thoughts about that comparison: Masks will be just another thing in the long ago memories of childhood and will mostly fade into the background of their life. It’s possible but unlikely that anyone will, to pick a completely random example, be having nightmare flashbacks and dealing with trauma from wearing a mask 50 years later.

4 Likes