Unite the Right Jason Kessler was punched, attacked and chased at press conference

In that case, entirely justified…

Also…

dany-dracyrs-mf

12 Likes

Check out his Zoot Cat; the classic among classics.

4 Likes

“Unite the Right Jason Kessler was punched, attacked and chased at press conference”

I think he was chased because the crowd wanted him to answer a couple of questions on how he felt about being punched and attacked. To Kessler, I suggest that he stick around longer for the post-punch/attack question session.

3 Likes

2 Likes

The original anti-fascists were Italian and German resistance groups. They lost. Then there were the partisans in Austria, Poland, ect… some of whom had partial success.

But the Western Allies were of course welcomed to the fight as they decided to join the fray already well underway.

Not trying to snark at you. Just using you comment as a jumping off point to remind that resistance starts at home.

16 Likes

Depends, do you think your average Republican would look at that photo and see “Violent Leftists”?

I see the guys with the flags getting the photo op they wanted. Even though the guy sure as hell deserved to lose those eyebrows.

If this weekend has demonstrated anything it’s that the average Republican can see “Violent Leftists” in pretty much any photo showing people of color standing their ground against white supremacists.

18 Likes

22 Likes

Wait, am I looking the Breitbart comments on the dead woman? It just seems strangely familiar.

1 Like

Did the dead woman go to the march to make it known that, say, white people shouldn’t exist, and that something should be done about it?

Cuz that’s what white supremacists are marching for with regard to quite a few races and ethnicities.

Advocates for genocide shouldn’t get sympathy. For the same reasons you don’t feel sympathetic toward a psychopath who didn’t get a chance to eat their victim.

24 Likes

Is Jason Kessler dead???

No?

Then false equivalency is false, and it’s also disrespectful as fuck to the woman who did die.

I didn’t punch him, but I don’t feel sorry for him either, and nothing anyone here posts is going to change that.

28 Likes

What about CNT-AIT/POUM/the International Brigades in 1930s Spain?

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/capuffin/status/896543900604653569

24 Likes
9 Likes

From http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/scw/knox.htm

8 Likes

Citation required.

The Nazis are celebrating; the rally achieved its purpose in their view. Intimidation, escalation and murder is what they are going for.

3 Likes

They failed on that count; most people I know are more determined than ever.

When people like them protest/march they draw thousands.

When we do it:

I’ve told you before, and I’ll say it again:

I may not be out there ‘getting arrested for the cause’, but I will never give up.

14 Likes

Thing is, the violence came off as very one sided. They showed up to play victim, but it didn’t go that way.

As a movement they sort of sat on their own balls over the weekend.

8 Likes

You can get back to those whenever you like. Wipe your feet next time you come in?

14 Likes

Good, and thank you.

My objection is not to people protecting themselves, or following their own best judgement as to tactics. My objection is to the fantasy that the situation is going to magically resolve itself via the courts/Congress/midterms without ordinary people taking effective action.

4 Likes