Vanilla ISIS needs snacks

15 Likes

That’s horrible. I love it!

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

At least they would be well regulated

15 Likes

Usually when i see something I find honestly ambiguous I observe or question it, but you’re free to call other people condescending for not explaining everyting to you in terms you understand, without asking, first try. Doubly so when they’re responding to someone else. So condescending!

5 Likes

With animated gifs (exception for e.g. wikipedia ones that describe things), it is a solid null hypothesis.

It’s generally irritating. Adds nothing to discourse, only serves for further polarization of already polarized situation where My Truth is more worthy than Your Truth and You are Undeserving of arguments because Your Truth sucks.

1 Like

1 Like

I hear the sugarless ones are even worse and you don’t even have to eat more than a handful.

3 Likes

All the feds need to do is cut their power and block the road, disarming anyone who leaves. They’ll be frozen out inside a week.

Supposedly they brought a generator with them, so it may take a little longer than a week.

1 Like

I hear that as “it irritates shaddack, who wishes to speak for all”

“Adds nothing to discourse, only serves for further polarization of already polarized situation where My Truth is more worthy than Your Truth and You are Undeserving of arguments because Your Truth sucks.”

I hear that as “shaddack feels invalidated by animated gifs”

I’m not sure anyone else can take responsibility for quite that degree of reading into something. I sure won’t. But thanks for putting all that insecurity onother people who are trying to poke fun at bad faith and /or bad expectations in otherwise smart and clever people.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Q.E.D.

1 Like

Yeah. He has a point. Sometimes they interject humor/brevity. Usually it’s just smug snark, often mocking. Basically something to throw in a quick jab that doesn’t really help their argument, but probably makes them feel better.

You can accomplish similar results by quoting someone and saying something like, “Derpa depra depra!” Or “Duh… duuuuuhhhh!!!”

3 Likes

8 Likes

The US Postal service does have amusingly stronger constitutional basis than many other Feds; a distinction that they’d definitely discover through principled originalist interpretation while hungry…

3 Likes

See, this is an example of the insidiousness of “welfare is for lazy cheats”. If you are permanently injured, especially if it’s due to military service or in the process of doing your job, pride shouldn’t enter into the equation. Why do football players make so much money? Because everyone knows that a large percentage of them will be injured to the point where they will have to stop playing. The high upfront salary is insurance for WHEN that happens. That’s why we taxpayers pay into disability, Medicaid/care, etc. Many of us citizens will need it, for at least a portion of our lives. There’s nothing shameful in that. That’s just how life is in a civilized society.

24 Likes

20 Likes

That means exactly… what?

1 Like