Vanity Fair: Trump campaign manager and "website guy" Brad Parscale to quit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/23/vanity-fair-trump-campaign-ma.html

14 Likes

Barron Trump?

To be fair to Barron, his father doesn’t really seem to want to have anything to do with him, so hopefully he can still become a decent human being. Maybe he can be like his great-uncle, who actually did some good in this world.

24 Likes

15 Likes

Called it!

31 Likes

“You have to remember, execution is 95% of presidential politics,” a Republican close to the White House told me over the weekend.”

On the other hand; it’s hard to sell a shit sandwich. Especially in the summer heat.

34 Likes

“I don’t know the guy.”

33 Likes

The rally drew around 6,200 of the million-plus Parscale promised, so the failure rate was actually something like 99.4%

20 Likes

After Parscale’s data mining plans were foiled by K-Pop Stans and Tik-Tok Teens…

27 Likes

I keep waiting for the day when no one will work with or for Trump. Probably gonna have to wait a while but one can hope.

13 Likes

I’d ask Brad how the underside of that bus looks, but at this point there are so many people under there who have heard the Grifter-in-Chief’s reality-TV catchphrase that it’s easy to see for anyone who isn’t willfully blind.

17 Likes

:musical_note:Chaos in the Trump campaign,
I know, I know,
it’s serious🎵

23 Likes

The campaign was forced to make a few modifications given the circumstances.

31 Likes

Oh no, how ever will he find another half-baked fascist conservative to promote?!?

15 Likes

That sounds like it could be something from The Iain Duncan Smiths

3 Likes

As soon as he’s no longer the “leader” of the US, nobody will have to listen to, do business with or appease him. His business empire will swirl down the toilet bigly.

8 Likes

You can’t go around believing in your own hype forever, eventually reality comes calling, usually in a disastrous way.

COVID is really the perfect storm to illustrate how this works. Trump cut funding for the agencies involved in pandemics. He pretended it wasn’t a threat for too long. He had no way to save the economy (which was the only thing he had going for him in terms of good press.) He wants people to ignore COVID, but even his own followers are getting sick. He hired people who only vaguely know their jobs, and whose primary qualification was praising him and being loyal. His entire presidency is based on “just winging it”, the same as his 2016 campaign.

19 Likes

13 Likes

Parscale was actually the first semi-functional campaign manager he had. Back to Cory Lewandowsky, I guess?

8 Likes

Oh this pull quote is just delicious:

24 Likes

Like gold bars…

• Brad Parscale has been treating himself to pricey Florida real estate and luxury cars after being hired as Trump’s 2020 campaign manager
  • The 43-year-old makes $15,000 a month as Trump’s electioneering guru, but he is also getting a percentage of contributions to the Trump 2020 campaign
  • Money is also coming from the Republican National Committee, which paid Parscale’s company Parscale Digital $7.3 million so far this year
  • Parscale is splashing out, already this year buying a $2.4m canal-front mansion in Fort Lauderdale, a $78.3K BMW and a $146K Range Rover
  • The Kansas native and his wife Candice also bought another two condos in the area, one owned by Parscale Properties, worth a combined $2m
  • The lavish spending comes years after Parscale and his parents lost their company. Electric Image Inc, to bankruptcy in the mid-2000s
  • Bankruptcy trustees discovered Parscale’s dad used $46.5k left in the company’s accounts, money that was to be used to settle debts, to pay the salaries of family members, including Parscale, and move to San Antonio
23 Likes