Vice Presidential candidates debate, 1 Oct 2024

Hey, an actual Fact Check! Re: Climate Change being real.

15 Likes

Vance called Walz by his first name. In this setting, that’s disrespectful. Walz is a Governor, and should be addressed that way, not as “Tim”.

13 Likes

Yeah, but he’s 40 — as he made a point of telling us — so he’s from a more informal generation.

Signed,

Boomer

9 Likes

Wait, Vance is talking about Family Separation at the border as a Harris thing, not a Trump thing?

13 Likes

Vance made a face like he was hoping that Walz wouldn’t bring up the 30% drop in opioid deaths in the last year.

11 Likes

Love the pointed questions: Governor, would you like to address the following claims……

8 Likes

I think he’s been coached to try to be more personable. He’s addressing the moderators by name, too, which is fine, but he’s doing it a lot.

8 Likes

Taking notes is bad.

11 Likes

Nervous? I haven’t seen him play air accordion once yet!

12 Likes

Yeah, the Pod Save America guys were thinking it might go that way. He’s terrible at interacting with real people in the real world but he’s very well practiced at this point at being a talking head on television. As one of them put it, “he’s a slippery little shit!”

17 Likes

We haven’t had a record number of border crossings….Walz better hit that.

8 Likes

Vance keeps smirking when Walz talks about how Vance/Trump are dehumanizing migrants.

14 Likes

Topic: immigration

CBS: would you separate families, some of whom are born on U.S. soil?

V: Harris is letting in “fentiNOL”; illegal aliens–start deporting criminal migrants; children-drug mules, drug-trafficking and sex-trafficking are somehow Harris’ fault

W: 30% decrease in Ohio; Harris prosecuted intnl drug gangs; we had the fairest toughest bill on immigration done, dems and reps worked on it, 1500 new border agents; T said “no” and told people to vote against it… you can’t just do this through the exec branch; T promised to build wall, 2% is built

CBS: will you sep kids?
V: we already have separated kids: drug mules; calls Walz “Tim” again; is claiming that Harris is falsely claiming concern re border stuff; it will stop when T is president

CBS: polling says more that 50% of USians support deportation

W: now pointing to the Springfield, OH violence, consequences… V is using this as talking point, villainizes and dehumanizes people

11 Likes

Walz really nailed the response on immigration, hammering that Trump is obstructing progress

15 Likes

V: “the people who I am most worried abt in OH is U.S. citizens in OH”

W: “it is law enforcement who asked for the bill”
“blaming migrants for everything”
“wall street speculators” to blame for housing crisis
quotes Matthew 25:40

CBS: now factchecking re Haitians in Springfield–Vance has stolen the floor

12 Likes

Open border wand! I don’t think that was on anyone’s bingo card.

5 Likes

Whoa, Brennan hitting him with a little sarcasm! And they cut Vance’s mic. Good.

12 Likes

SHUT HIM UP!

Ah, finally they cut off his mic.

13 Likes

Looks like trump wants to play debate bingo.

10 Likes

Can CBS mute him as well? Pretty please?

12 Likes