Video: A furious woman at Walmart calls cops on a man because he "looks illegal"

I don’t know. As a millenial, my insatiable bloodlust for shitty outated concepts knows no bounds.

7 Likes

I find it a source of constant surprise and amazement when I see some video of someone in California being racist, especially at Hispanics, demanding that people speak English instead of Spanish, etc. I mean, where they fuck do they think they are? As a Californian, it’s a source of embarrassment that I’m not fluent in Spanish…

21 Likes

3 Likes

I…is the rabbit hole supposed to extend this deep, and…anyone…where does it end?!?

2 Likes
11 Likes

It’s fascinating to watch people who have invested a great deal of time in racist thought and speech get so angry at being called a racist. Even hard-core white supremacist types. Seems like they would be proud to be called racist. Like when someone calls me a liberal, I’m like “thank you for noticing!”

14 Likes

I suspect what triggered this is that the gentleman asked her to move her car, either because he needed access to do his job, or because she is a shitty parker and blocked him in. Her brain couldn’t handle the indignity of a brown person presuming to tell her what to do, so she went into full ballistic racist berserker mode.

5 Likes

“Excuse me, it’s only considered Liberalism if it’s from the Liberal region of California. Otherwise it’s sparkling communism.”

14 Likes

That’s an interesting question. It’s kind of like “When did you stop kicking your dog?” The question embeds the assumption that the accusation is true.

According to most demographers, I’m a Boomer; definitely near the end of the cohort, but very much a Boomer.

I don’t find the phrase “Boomer brainrot” to be ageist, because I’m pretty sure it took root in the first decade of my life. I am absolutely “that guy”: white, middle-aged, male, presents as cis-gendered hetero.

I have bathed in privilege my whole life, but only in the last decade (maybe less) come to understand a fraction of what that means and how it has affected me.

For me, “Boomer brainrot” isn’t about the profusion of candles on my last birthday cake, so much as an acknowledgement of the era in which my core assumptions and tacit biases were formed.

We need to be able to call out racist behavior and the character trait of bigotry forthrightly, without fear of hurting the feelings of the person so challenged. If I do some stupid shit like we see in the video, I desperately hope the people around me will let me know, and in no uncertain terms.

“Boomer brainrot” isn’t age-shaming, it’s identifying old, outdated thought processes that can afflict anyone, no matter their chronological age.

23 Likes

Yeah, bless her sister’s heart for marrying a spaghetti boi from Mexiloha.

6 Likes

What long term consequences? Unless she has an internet presence, or a public image wary employer, the consequences will be negligible.

meanwhile in Newark, Trump’s rhetoric has manifested a whole new viscious and bizarre stereotype, at least in the addled mind for one security theater extra…

12 Likes

I have never been to the US but if I ever do, I’m guessing it might be a good idea to avoid Walmart?
Or maybe I should go specifically to visit Walmart! I’m getting the impression that it is some kind of human zoo for dysfunctional people.

4 Likes

Good article. For those, like me, who were wondering why it’s accompanied by a picture of Christine Blasey Ford:

White women’s tears have little effect on white men - just ask Christine Blasey Ford, whose emotional testimony was not enough to prevent her alleged abuser being confirmed to the US Supreme Court - because they were never designed to implicate white men. This is why sexual violence by white men was rarely punished historically and why to this day so many white people still react so blithely to sexual assault and domestic violence perpetrated by white men, even when the victims are white women.

12 Likes

There was a record published by the Italian pop group Pooh, named Aloha. She was traumatized listening it… I suppose.

I suppose this could happen in all big stores and mall in the middle of suburbs. Walmart happens to be the most prominent corporation.

It depends a lot of the location, for instance there are some Lidl discounts that are in a nice suburb near some other supermarkets and there aren’t beggars or drunk people. Same chain in a bad zone with a betting room nearby, instant weirdo magnet.

1 Like

Your question brought this article to mind:

I don’t care why these people keep huffing from this particular chemical horror, but it cant be helping what ails them, and I’m sure the validation from King Cheetoh “empowers” them.

5 Likes

A better idea is just to avoid the US altogether. I know I do.

6 Likes

And of course her tears were not seen as worthy of consideration as the tears of Brett Kavanaugh himself.

10 Likes

its a cult. there is the messiah…

Several, like Ms. DePiero, have attended more than 50 Trump rallies.

She keeps going because she trusts only the president to deliver her the news. “How else would I know what’s going on?” she said

and theres the gospel…

All of them describe, in different ways, a euphoric flow of emotions between themselves and the president, a sort of adrenaline-fueled, psychic cleansing that follows 90 minutes of chanting and cheering with 15,000 other like-minded Trump junkies

“politics”, USA 2019.

6 Likes