Video: Young woman screaming that America needs God

Because they were still burning witches?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Horne

Oh Lordy.

First YouTube comment kinda says it all:

YES OUR COUNTRY NEED YOUR BLESSING GOD SHE IS NOT AS BEFORE SHE NEEDS TO COME BACK TO YOU GOD AND SO IS THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF HER.THEN GOD WILL OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY,GOD PLEASE SPEAK TO THE HEARTS WHO IS IN CHARGE OF OUR COUNTRY.

It’s worse than that. These religious extremists don’t merely believe godliness is the only path to morality, they believe godliness is morality. For them, immorality is incidental to what they denounce as the real sin, not believing in their version of God observed in their way. You can be as good as a person can be and the fascists among them will still march your atheist hide into the gas chambers while the rest stand idly by and pray for your soul. Are all Christians like that? Of course not. But not all Persian Muslims are either, and yet not enough people took a stand to stop Iran falling into the hands of a fascist government.

Do tolerant Christians outnumber intolerant ones? Wrong question. What’s at stake is whether tolerant Christians will stand up to intolerant Christians. And yes, the same goes for all ideologies, but Christianity is the ideology that get’s US presidents elected.

Nehemiah Scudder for dictator…er, President!

4 Likes

We need GOD in America. . . but only a god of our approval (like the one Jews and Christians prefer, not that weird “Allah” god, or any of those really really weird elephant and monkey gods the guy at the 7-11 likes.)

3 Likes

Do you honestly think a comment like that helps anyone? I get that you might sincerely believe that, but it isn’t remotely realistic and you’re essentially handing these fundies their straw man.

Can’t be…“vuvuzuela” sounds too much like “vulva” and everybody knows good Christians don’t put their mouths on those things.

6 Likes

What do you mean “most likely to get elected”? Hillary Clinton’s a shoe-in. All the Republican candidates are morons like this, but none of the Democratic front-runners are–certainly not Clinton or Sanders. The chances of this country electing any of the Republican candidates is slim to none outside the Religious Right circles, because the Christers have driven all the moderate Republicans into hiding and only loonies are up for grabs. I’m praying for a Ted Cruz nomination, because it will be HYSTERICAL to see that stooge in a debate against Clinton or Sanders.

2 Likes

Xeni, I think you’re wrong that a Republican will win the election next time around - precisely because they are so scary!

Wellllll…almost perfect. Right, Scott Walker?

At this resolution, it looks like foam is forming at the sides of her mouth.

1 Like

Zulu vulvas?

7 Likes

How is that a poem?

And what does it mean, that the “poem” was “revised” by someone other than the poet?

This is basic English, which doesn’t have to be twisted like science or math to fit the fundamentalist worldview. Has she gotten a functional education in any subject?

4 Likes

Alas, only four times in American history has one Democratic president succeeded another. The last time it happened by election (as opposed to the predecessor dying in office) was in 1856, and James Buchanan’s policies were widely seen as helping to precipitate the the Civil War, or at the very least failing to prepare for its inevitability. I suspect Xeni is grimly aware that the Oval Office has a tendency to fall back into GOP hands following a Democratic administration.

Here’s hoping 2016 bucks the trend.

1 Like

5 Likes

White people are fucked up.
Black people are fucked up.
People are fucked up.
Meaningless blanket statement.

2 Likes

Nullo metro compositum est…

Well, I got to 1:45, but in fits and starts. It’s not just her message but her strident tone, upspeak, and lazy enunciation as well.

2 Likes

3 Likes

It must have been in disguise.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the bad acting.

1 Like