Watch: Jim Bakker says people against Trump are "the spirit of the antichrist"

If you haven’t already, you should read “a history of the world in 10 1/2 chapters”.

Actually, even if you have you should read it again. I did last year for the first time in a couple of decades and thoroughly enjoyed it. Chapter 1 is especially apropos to this thread.

2 Likes

Ryan North is 199cm (6’6") tall, for those wondering.

3 Likes

when I was at University, we used to watch his show sometimes. Comedy gold, it was.

2 Likes

MRE - three lies for the price of one!

6 Likes

That’s really unfair to snakes.

3 Likes

If the people that published Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor’s claim about the coming indictments have good sources, then those same indictments may be bringing Pence down as well:

4 Likes

Still do!

2 Likes

Chicken =are= dinosaurs. Whenever I eat chicken, I take a moment to gloat about the meteor that ended their reign.

6 Likes

What amazes me about these discredited, scandal-plagued televisual evangelists is that they are somehow older than I am. We can be certain that it ain’t clean living that’s to blame. It’s as if there’s no afterlife that would consider allowing them in.

4 Likes

Because they are descended from dinosaurs, that makes them dinosaurs?

Does that mean we are all reptiles, and also fish?

What is that (probably apocryphal) “ancient Chinese curse” :grey_question:

2 Likes

Lick 'em. You’ll know fast enough.

2 Likes

These edits are amazing– thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I didn’t come from no fish

5 Likes

If people evolved from pond scum, then why is there still pond scum?

5 Likes

Well, duh.

1 Like

My favorite Pat Robertson bullshit was when he explained that playing violent video games was like lust. With lust, you supposedly commit adultery if you just entertain lust in your mind/heart/naughty bits but don’t take action, so playing violent video games means that you’ve killed people in a spiritual sense. Just about the entire population of any developed country is all genocidal murderers apparently.

2 Likes

This douche bag is so full of it, he has now taken to Pat Robertson’s School of fundi-costal condemnations, dystopian prophecies, and righteous indignation.

His own son has challenged him on his bigotry, homophobia, and generally regressive worldview - to no avail. Jim Bakker has become a member of the Army of Assholes supporting their Asshole-in-Chief, The Cheeto in the White House.

#resist

10 Likes

I will admit that you might have evolved from a fish. And I will admit that I might have evolved from a fish. But I defy a man to tell me that General Lee evolved from a fish.

2 Likes

I’m betting he didn’t include chess players in his analysis. Because what else is chess, than a series of fantasies about bishops, etc. killing knights, etc?

8 Likes