Watch Mike Lindell lose his mind at his South Dakota symposium

More Big Sleep…

1 Like

I must offer one correction: Ole Mikey lost his mind or whatever was substituting for a mind a long long time ago, hence the Trump-conspiracy-Q-centrism. Oh, and I used some of his pillows in my cousin’s guest room in June and they really suck.

3 Likes

Are we sure he hasn’t relapsed? I say this as a former enthusiast of illegal substances…

3 Likes

This is the same Irish reporter, Donie O’Sullivan who was dismissed in the comments on here a few days ago as not being a real journalist because he was out on the street getting comments from Trump supporters. The post was about a Trump supporters saying Trump didn’t really take the vaccine. He has done a lot of good work reporting on Qanon and other pro-trump extremists.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any posts like this. In any event, I think he’s a great reporter and has nerves of steel (or maybe he’s a masochist) being willing and able to go to these events and talk to these people. I know I couldn’t do it.

3 Likes

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m not a computer guy. I don’t know what much of this stuff means…" So, you should shut up because you have no competence, right? No: "But I’ve been researching this election."

"CNNs of the world: You guys need to start reporting this and stop fact-checking it!"
Priceless.

4 Likes

Of course he didn’t, because there’s none of it that supports his Lord & Saviour’s Big Lie.
Election tampering was and is rampant, though; gerrymandering, purging voter rolls, State legislatures restricting voter rights, etc.

Look at where much/most of the stuff you own is made & draw your own conclusions.

I read somewhere that he was blaming ANTIFA for unspecified problems.
Surprised it took so long.

How dare a mere reporter question the word of a High Acolyte of the Cult of Trump?

5 Likes

Reminds me a lot of “Playing the Bull**** Game” A couple nuggets from the paper:

most people are not particularly good at spotting deceptive or misleading statements

people are more likely to accept the statements of a fluent dodger (a person who talks well but doesn’t answer a question) than someone who is less fluent but answers the question

people used bullshitting to participate in a community, negotiate practical challenges, create and maintain an identity, and ultimately reproduce the community of which they are part

Bullshitting can create self-reinforcing or self-undermining feedback loops

You can read the paper here: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2631787720929704

Application to the circumstances at hand? It’s very likely Mikey here never had any solid evidence to start with, just some random data dump that MAY contain such (but likely not), but Mikey overpromised so much he’s throwing out random excuses much like Ponzi scheme criminals trying to justify their actions by throwing out “we got hacked” excuses before doing a runner. Anything to delay the inevitable… that he had to admit he’s a total loser.

3 Likes

This man’s irrational ravings have the hallmarks of madness.

#NeverVoteRepublican

1 Like

This has always been how all people think most of the time. Following evidence to a conclusion that is different from what you want is a high energy form of thinking that has to be learned and constantly reinforced. Capital-S Skepticism is one term for it. Others call it critical thinking or rationalism. In any case, nobody does it all the time on everything.

That said, What’s different now, I think, is Facebook. Facebook weaponized all this lazy thinking and concentrated it with echo chambers.

11 Likes

You must not have looked too hard:

I’m tired of these ‘reporters’ (basically vox pop interviewers, for ratings) letting these fuckwits off the hook…These reporters, if they are any good (and my point is that most are not)…

All of which is to say, it isn’t real journalists doing these segments.

1 Like

Can’t please all the people, etc. Not even on BoingBoing. /rolls eyes

5 Likes

Nah, you were just kinda vague.

Thread for reference:

But you know, we all have different opinions here.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

For a long time they looked at the river beneath them, saying nothing, and the river said nothing too, for it felt very quiet and peaceful on this summer afternoon.
“Tigger is all right really,” said Piglet lazily.
“Of course he is,” said Christopher Robin.
“Everybody is really,” said Pooh.
“That’s what I think,” said Pooh. “But I don’t suppose I’m right,” he said.
“What about Mike Lindell, the pillow guy?,” said Christopher Robin.
There was a long pause. A small cloud passed in front of the sun. Then the sun came out again, and they all talked about something else, which was much nicer and what they all wanted to talk about really.

― A.A. Milne (director’s cut)

12 Likes

We should commission the artist who “improved” the fresco to paint Trump’s presidential portrait. ETA: It’s kind of perfect, we should look past those so-called expert artists, and give the brush to someone with no training or experience but a lot of confidence. One of the best people.

4 Likes

I think it’s easier to do if you’re a foreigner. I could see myself interviewing Trump supporters without much fear (if I were a journalist, which I am emphatically not) but I would never do the same at a German far right or covidiot rally (not that there’s much of a difference between the two).

If you interview crazies while having a foreign accent you automatically have a bonus, because you don’t conform to their image of their media enemies. Plus, you don’t have to fear them finding out your address and showing up at your home in the middle of the night. And if the higher-ups in their cult take offence they can’t as easily lean on your bosses to fire you.

Louis Theroux has built a whole career on this phenomenon (of course he is actually American, but people don’t tend to know that. And he has interviewed people in the UK as well but that came later and I think you can tell that he is without one layer of armour there).

Of course all of the above only applies if you’re a white foreigner from an approved-of country.

7 Likes

“If I show you my evidence, you will corrupt it and turn it into fake news.” Classic.

5 Likes

I hear Dubya has recently taken up the hobby…:wink:

2 Likes

If he hasn’t relapsed in to drugs, he’s relapsed in to proving TFG won the election. Addicts can be addicted to many things. Mikey is now addicted to the thrill and attention he gets in saying the election was stolen. Prison should shake that right out of him.

1 Like

It’s not illegal to be delusional though.