WATCH: Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed

Because someone bought him one.

9 Likes

Maybe there was one and nobody showed up to cover it, knowing he’d turn it into a commercial for one of his hotels.

2 Likes

You’ve never been to Hollywood Boulevard have you?

3 Likes

Oh, what I wouldn’t give to live in that universe…

7 Likes

There goes my belief in the integrity of world-famous tourist attractions.

14 Likes
10 Likes

Once iron is produced, the destruction of the star is imminent.

22 Likes

My bad, but I wonder if John Miller or John Barron paid for it. :wink:

6 Likes

They don’t pay, but they come to the area and then presumably spend money in the shops of the area - the ones who are members of the Chamber of Commerce.

ETA - Lots of cities do this, create something people come and look at/do and they will also spend money while there. Like locally The Plaza has a bunch of fountains and some statues that people like to look at/take pics of. Now it is mecca for pokestops.

At any rate, they didn’t put the stars down out of the kindness of their hearts - it is to make money.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes there are many freeloaders out there, including people who listen to buskers and don’t drop a dollar into the hat. :wink:

4 Likes

I detest Trump as much as any sane person, but come on. Not only is it childish, but also really counterproductive. Grow up.

5 Likes

#Picky, picky, nitpicker!

5 Likes

That image still pains me near-physically.

4 Likes

The Walk of Fame covers many city blocks. The stars are embedded in the sidewalk. It is possible to pay for an audio tour, or even an actual tour guide, but the vast majority of tourists just walk down the street looking down and taking photos, as well as go in and out of the various retail establishments along the way. Security isn’t even possible, really.

edited to add: late to the thread, turns out my $0.02 was already well covered by others.

5 Likes

Hey! You can’t put a written word in a circle with a line! That defeats the whole purpose of the thing!

4 Likes

Are people who pay taxes but choose to walk on a public but heavily commercialized street without any spending money automatically ‘free-loaders?’

Not talking about the ‘spangers’ or hustlers that flock to such densely populated & tourist prone areas, but average people… like me.

Am I a “freeloader”… for choosing not to buy overpriced cheaply made crap that I don’t want or need just because merchandisers happen to be selling said crap along my route?

7 Likes

Oh, you’re missing context. Here’s the full conversation:

• Hey man, what are you doing?

• Me? puf WHAM Playing some blues with my harmonica… What you think I’m doing??? I’m destroying the [expletive] thing!

• But why?

• W… why?! WHAM WHAM Uh to auction it off and raise funds for the women who have come forward to accuse Trump of sexually assaulting them over the decades…

• Oh. Ok then…

• NO MAN! Because I [expletive] hate him, for [expletive] sake! Come on! WHAM

7 Likes
12 Likes

[quote=“Melizmatic, post:61, topic:88227”]
Are people who pay taxes but choose to walk on a public but heavily commercialized street without any spending money automatically ‘free-loaders?’…Am I a “freeloader”… for choosing not to buy overpriced cheaply made crap that I don’t want or need just because merchandisers happen to be selling said crap along my route?[/quote]

Yes, and you should be ashamed of yourself. The Hollywood Walk of Fame was installed specifically to draw people to the area and spend money and support the local businesses. If you visit the HWoF and you do not spend money, you are failing to uphold your part of the agreement, you are not a good capitalist, you are a bad American, and you should feel bad. Failing or refusing to spend money is anti-capitalist, anti-social, and anti-American. If you are not supporting our economy, you are actively working against it and you are therefore tacitly supporting terrorism. I am sickened and driven to despair by people who won’t take the time to stand up for our flag, to support our troops, to impregnate their wives, to chop down that tree, to rev that motorbike, to shoot that deer, or to support American businesses and buy a pack of gum, a CD, a magazine, a postcard, a bag of chips, a gallon of soda, and a double cheesesteak sandwich.

12 Likes