WATCH: Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed

Although I do donate to good street musicians on those rare occasions when I don’t have my headphones on in public.

5 Likes

You do not pronounce Schadenfreude like that!

Also, since Drumpf doesn´t have any statues to topple (yet), his star on the walk of fame has to do. Good riddance.

1 Like

Well a tourist isn’t paying for that sidewalk - they are tourists and don’t live there. And in this case, the stars aren’t from taxes but from the Chamber of Commerce, they even charge who ever nominated the person for the star to put it in.

But the freeloaders comment was in jest. With ANY promotion - loss leaders, freebies, special pricing, special events, etc - you will get some people who just get the free or cheap thing, and that is it. But the reason people keep doing things like this is because it make them money. YOU might not buy a t-shirt or stop for a coffee or snack or go shopping, but enough people do for shops to keep running such promotions. According to wiki 10 million people visit the walk a year. If one in 10 bought something, that is a lot of money for the various shops around there. Hell if they had a modest 10% increase in traffic from people who wanted to show themselves flipping off Trumps star, and we assume 1 in 10 buys something, that is 100K worth of customers added for that year.

Unlike the Grammys or the Emmys, it isn’t like it is an actual award for anything. It is just a promotional tool to make money.

1 Like

11 Likes

7 Likes

WATCH: Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed

11 Likes

That’s no moon star

6 Likes

6 Likes

I think it is spelled “Like”. :smirk:

4 Likes

Well, it’s nice to know it hasn’t changed much in the last 20 years. My nostalgia is intact.

2 Likes

As a dharmic doofus, my understanding is that there is no reverse swastika, they can always be either direction. My guess is that people were hoping for an easy way to distinguish good from bad usage, but like most things it still depends upon context. “Hindus for Trump” avoid this issue by depicting him with an Omkar instead.

3 Likes

False flag? Agent provocateur? Or just some fool who thinks they are doing something good?

Oh…and you win today’s internet.

8 Likes

Vandalism is okay.

1 Like

Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are free to worship in their own way! :grinning:

In the scheme of things I think are wrong, this particular act of vandalism ranks pretty low on my concern-o-meter, somewhere below spitting in public.

9 Likes

Once again we see the liberal mind at work, while there are thousands of ways to help those women with their dubious stories, but like even the worst of liars worthy of being heard and investigated, he selected to commit an act of vandalism Now shoddy journalism like you see here wouldn’t have mentioned this but that star wasn’t paid for by Donald Trump, those stars are bought and cared for by fan based organizations. So he wasn’t hurting Donald Trump but Donald Trump fan base for his excellent television show The Apprentice. But liberals don’t think, they don’t cognate, they simply act and expect the law to bend around them just like their darling HIllary Clinton. So with luck this man will spend a good deal of time behind bars and will be used as an example of how vandalism isn’t a smart liberal move…

I’m not sure how this has anything to do with political inclinations. I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not.

7 Likes

Nailed it!

15 Likes

“We.” LOL

6 Likes

Dude! You didn’t see what happened BEFORE THE VIDEO!!!

3 Likes