White House canceled plans to mail face masks to every American home because Trump hates Amazon's Jeff Bezos and was feuding with USPS

Trump is going to pardon himself, although it won’t really be much of a shield since his bigger problems are at the state level. No way he trusts anyone to do it and I don’t think Pence would agree to do it anyway, since what’s the point in being President for a day or a week or a fortnight.

1 Like

@longtimelurker, don’t you mean The BE BEST humble?

1 Like

May they die in a fire.

A fire on a raft floating on a hog waste lagoon.

With snipers to keep them from swimming out.

2 Likes

How are the Gill products for long term use, especially physical comfort? Are they hotter to wear than cloth masks?

1 Like

Humbigliest.

1 Like

Can’t they just email them?

Asking for a POTUS.

3 Likes

Are there any health clinics or urgent care centers in your area you can access? I had a scare in November, and since I don’t have insurance either, I went to a clinic. The exam and test was $50, meds for the sinus infection were $105. It’s not great, but it might at least verify whether or not you got it and provide some help.

I wish you a speedy recovery, whatever is ailing you (and I hope it’s not covid.)

9 Likes

Here in Japan, the government actually did send everyone masks (two washable cloth masks for each household). I got my masks in June. Most people prefer disposable ones (or at least did during the hot summer months), so these mostly went unused. Still, better than nothing, eh?

4 Likes

Yeah, a lot better than actively stealing supplies from the states then making the states compete for them, then trying to hinder foreign vaccine development efforts. All while explicitly lying about the lethality and contagiousness of the virus.

10 Likes

That’s terrible. My roomate (here, in California) has no health insurance and doesn’t use the internet, was able to get a same day drive in test when he felt symptoms (positive). I have reasonable insurance (kaiser) but have a three day wait for a test (maybe because I don’t have symptoms?). He will likely be out of isolation before I get my results back - 4 to 6 days once tested.

Everyone stay safe. Masks and distancing make a difference! If you love your family, stay home for the holidays!

5 Likes

wow, bratty ass white dude sucking my own privilege here. Guess I have to own that. But what I meant was that no one should have to wait for a test, or care, if they need it. It’s awesome that Cali will pay for a same day test for anyone that needs it, just stupid that since I have insurance it gets in the way of that.

Edit for minor punctuation.

4 Likes

Thanks! Around here it generally seems to be about $90 (visit with Dr) to $150 (Covid test), out of pocket. I’m sure there are hoops I could jump through but who has the energy for that when they’re sick?

Thankfully, my wife is far sicker, and has Medicare & Medicaid, so we’re going to try to get into a local Children’s Hospital where they’re doing testing. Whatever she’s got, I’ll just assume it’s what I’ve got.

I’m doing much better today, but yesterday we were actually unironically discussing who gets our shit.

6 Likes

Wow, hope you & your roommate get through it unscathed. Good luck!

3 Likes

I’m sorry it seems you have the 'rona and for the additional stress of not having health insurance. Best wishes for the immediate future and beyond.

4 Likes

How are you and fam doing today? that’s scary, but where a lot of us seem to be.

5 Likes

"The masks would bear an HHS logo, contain a microbiocide that would kill the virus, and say: “Do your part, help stop the spread.”

How long has Jared been a part of the family? He wanted the Trump administration to give away something? Plus why didn’t he make it red with a MAGA logo and a discrete little Courtesy of President Donald J. Trump statement in the lower corner? Does he even know his wife’s Father? And to think Jared’s team was supposed to MBA this away.

7 Likes

Geez, $155 for a test?! A big part of what scares me about Brexit, is the American Medical/Insurance cartel getting its grubby paws on to our National Health Service.

3 Likes

$155 is nothing in the American system. If you get tested at an ER (accident and emergency department) you can be charged thousands of dollars. And in some places in the US, there are freestanding ERs that look like a walk-in doctor’s office rather than a hospital but actually charge incredibly high facility fees and other charges.

6 Likes

I feel very focused on the part where the masks were made and sent out to places where they could be distributed. The US really is capable of remarkable things if there aren’t maniacs making sure it doesn’t happen.

8 Likes

As someone said, Republicans believe that government is useless, so when they are in power they make sure that it is.

9 Likes