White House doc claims Trump weighs only 239 pounds and liberals demand to see his girth cerficate

You’re onto something here! We’ve all referenced Idiocracy but the parallels with Being There are uncanny…

“It’s for sure a white man’s world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I’ll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th’ ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a jackass. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you’ve gotta be is white in America, to get whatever you want. Gobbledy-gook!”

Or this one (minor name change mine):

Ron Steigler: Mr. Gardner, uh, my editors and I have been wondering if you would consider writing a book for us, something about your um, political philosophy, what do you say?
Trump: I can’t write.
Ron Steigler: Heh, heh, of course not, who can nowadays? Listen, I have trouble writing a postcard to my children. Look uhh, we can give you a six figure advance, I’ll provide you with the very best ghost-writer, proof-readers…
Trump: I can’t read.
Ron Steigler: Of course you can’t! No one has the time! We, we glance at things, we watch television…
Trump: I like to watch TV.
Ron Steigler: Oh, oh, oh sure you do. No one reads!

I mean, “I like to watch TV” is practically the tagline of that movie…

9 Likes

Paging @beschizza! @beschizza to the shoop consoles!

3 Likes

He’s not succeeding at concealing them; that’s what the discussion is about.

5 Likes

Agreed. Fat-shaming is one of the lowest forms of criticism.

3 Likes

There are certainly ways to lie without saying anything that is actually untrue. Like with his teeth: the doc said he does not use dentures, but people, especially rich people, have not had to use dentures for a very long time. Instead you get implants which are metal pins anchored in the bone and attach artificial teeth to those. You wouldn’t call those dentures, so technically it would be true. But that kind of statement implies that he has his own teeth, which is unlikely at his age.

With doctor-patient confidentiality Trump has the legal right to decide what the doctor can say to the press. It’s obviously also possible that the doctor had lied. He wouldn’t be the first rear admiral to cover his employer’s arse.

3 Likes

I have no experience with the US military, but I think that a military doctor who is doing a medical assessment effectively outranks the patient.

2 Likes

I’m far from a conspiracy theorist, but it’s baffling to me that the news keeps skipping over the bit where the doctor misspelled his own name on the health evaluation.

11 Likes

Whereas lie-shaming is one of the most basic.

11 Likes

Yes, I was thinking about that overnight, so while it’s still possible, it also implies Trump’s health is not as “perfect” as they’re saying. There’s another thread somewhere here on boing boing debating how Trump could find a way to back out of his Presidency, my suspicion was that his health would be an excuse, but it might not be an phony excuse. Stress, obesity, a McD’s diet. . . a perfect recipe for heart problems.

I have no comment.

4 Likes

7 Likes

What would you say there, that he was maybe 5’9?

5 Likes

I hate to be a killjoy for anyone’s twitter fun, but I really don’t see the political utility of arguing about Trump’s weight, physical health or mental competency.

Contributes to establishing a pattern of dishonesty.

10 Likes

It appears to be contagious too, as other people willingly lie for him. Maybe quarantine is in order until the CDC can look at the evidence… er… data… um… what is the CDC allowed to look at these days?

6 Likes

Plausible deniability is the real currency of this administration. Although implausible deniability works in a pinch.

5 Likes

He is sitting on ALL our faces.

2 Likes

Well he’s got form for lying about height.

4 Likes

It means, in the vernacular, “You fucks wit me now, I fucks witCHU later.”

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s that he’s overweight that’s the issue. I think it’s the mental gymnastics that he thinks he can convince everyone that he’s not. It’s another, very visible sign that he cannot or will not be honest about anything.

13 Likes