White House doc claims Trump weighs only 239 pounds and liberals demand to see his girth cerficate

Some years in the future: “I was just following orders.”

1 Like

In proper1) units 239 imperial pounds translate to 25.8127 Jub, or 12.4615 Adult Badgers / 0.0723 Skateboarding Rhinoceri.

1) As approved by Vulture Central.

1 Like

In this case, the patient is also the military doctor’s commander in chief.

1 Like

Yep. Still… I think reasonable people believe that it’s not a matter of being obese… its’ the problem with his cred in that regard and the need to finagle such a thing (as if that’ll make him more presidential).

6 Likes

Obama also has his legs further apart…

1 Like

It’s both pathological and insulting to lie about things that can be disproved on sight. It’s not the obesity people are shaming, but his inability to accept he’s obese is so gross that an examining physician has to fluster and stammer his falsified data at a press conference should be shamed as well. I expect many clinically obese people who appear thinner yet whose physicians don’t grade their health exams “excellent” are enraged at being blatantly lied to in this claim by a physician who surely knows the truth.

Were his triglycerides and C-reactive protein values released? Waist-to-height ratio? Pounds and inches don’t matter so much as inches to inches do: consider the big-boned, mesomorphic body type, the muscular athletes who may have very developed torsos and biceps. If you choose to believe Red Don weighs only 239 lbs (three extra pounds from 16 months ago when he handed over a note to Dr. Mehmet Oz claiming he weighed 236) and didn’t shrink like other aged people do, compare recent pictures of him to pictures of Cooper Hefret and Alex Ovechkin, do you imagine they all share similar waist measurements?

I’m having difficulty finding waist measurement estimates for him: looking at him, I’d guess .65. A waist-to-height score of over .63 signifies a highly obese specimen.

9 Likes

(attributed to Jeet Heer) I really don't see the political utility of arguing about Trump's weight, physical health or mental competency.

But wouldn’t it be sweet to have tRump on a pay-to-play death pool and score some $$ from a political opponent oblivious to his health issues? A 71-year-old fatality can score some bonuses.

1 Like

Thanks for calling out a (unintentionally?) hurtful comment. Let’s keep it classy and focus on his hypocrisy, stupidity, and utter lack of competence.

ETA- And how could I forget?..that he’s a racist, too.

4 Likes

I really don’t get why people stoop to basically calling Trump fat. Like there’s plenty good ways to insult Donny. Like insult him regarding the failures of his business. Or insult him regarding the fact he leaned heavily on his father’s connections to even build that business (nepotism is never a good look to one who claims to be self-made). Or the fact he skips bills from contractors by hiding behind legal technicalities and bankruptcy. There’s loads of good and very substantial things to insult him about (being a fraud, a silver spoon brat, etc) but being fat is just not one of them in my opinion.

2 Likes

As has been pointed out repeatedly, most people aren’t mocking his weight for the sake of calling him fat.

They’re mocking the fact that he’s clumsily and obviously manipulating ‘official’ numbers to do things like increase his height and give himself an unrealistically low weight for specific reasons (keeping his official BMI under the “obesity” level). I couldn’t care less how much the President weighs, but I most definitely care that he’s clearly lying about something easily disproven, yet again.

6 Likes

Yeah but you can point out the same fraudulent behavior without pointing to his obesity problem. I say this as a card carrying fatso myself (280 lbs as of this morning’s weigh in… *sigh*) I think he’s a racist pile of pooh but the jokes about his fatness doesn’t really lend itself to the whole fake gold plating that is Trump. He has more obvious things he’s lied about or lies about. Like I said with respect to his business, which he really cares about, is a good one to hit him on. It’s the thing that’s suppose to be his legacy when he finally dies. Pick away at that legacy then it really is a true insult to the man.

Making fun of him hiding his actual weight is just reinforcing the obesity problem in the US and the general fatphobia (I really don’t like calling bigotry against people a phobia, can someone help me coin a better word?) that just makes it harder to even help folks stop being obese (know too well from personal experience). I think it’s better to avoid such things for those who are obese and aren’t Trump is all I’m sayiing.

4 Likes

I agree that playground taunts about his paunch and girth are lame and unhelpful.

As the occasional caregiver to someone so obese they’re bedridden, I’m sensitive to obesity issues and in no way a fan of fat jokes. But when the president gets caught manipulating his own health diagnosis, I’ll happily call them out on it; frankly, when it’s clear that he’s so vain that he’ll openly lie and falsify a doctor’s report, that’s almost more insulting than lying about, say, ties to organized crime or something he said in a closed-door meeting. It’s insulting Americans’ intelligence, and that offends me.

5 Likes

While you have a good point about needless body shaming, let’s not go projecting any unwarranted sympathy on 45; he doesn’t deserve it and most people here probably couldn’t care less about his appearance or his lack of physical appeal.

The issue here is that the POTUS & Co are lying so flagrantly about something that’s so obviously untrue, and which could be easily disproved by an impartial cursory exam - 45 is likely not actually 6 foot 3 and 239 pounds.

The willingness to lie about something that the masses can readily observe for themselves is problematic.

Your concerns are noted, but they’re a different subject than the topic at hand.

It’s probably because 45 is constantly judging other people on how they look; while he’s an unattractive, hot mess of a human being his damn self.

His immense hypocrisy doesn’t make the criticisms of his physical appearance okay, but to me it’s understandable.

I’m sorry that you’re having a tough time right now; I hope it gets better soon.

11 Likes

I’m going to assume you don’t go around telling people how wonderful, fantastic, and superhuman you are.

3 Likes

Back to the actual topic at hand:

6 Likes

silly me, investing in therapy and medication: i should just become a narcissist!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessarily about narcissism, it’s more that Trump has pretty much been in a constant state of being under the gun for most of his 70 years. We’re talking about a self-created celebrity who’s run his mega-corp into the ground repeatedly, was sued twice by the federal government for racial discrimination, has been in deep with American organized crime since the 80s, and seems to have a decade-plus of Russian blackmail and massive debts to various European banks hanging over him. I think he lives in a state of “fuck it, let’s have KFC and an extra large sundae”.

3 Likes

When I consider that Kissinger is still alive… and so is Pat Robertson… and so many other people that the world would be a better place without are still alive and kicking, I’m starting to believe that “only the good die young” is more than just a cliche.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Hitler had to the Russians knocking at the gate and managed to live a smoke free vegetarian lifestyle :wink: