Who's watching the GOP debate tonight?

i has a sad. we are one generation removed from being able to go back for free :frowning:

2 Likes

Following that debate, theyā€™re probably thinking, ā€œYeah, weā€™ll drink with them, but sweet jeebus lock the doors at nightā€“those people are cray cray.ā€

4 Likes

I had Twonkies when I was a child.
A Twonky is something that you do not know what it is.
You do not know what it isā€¦ zzzzzz

I could go tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Has it been that long? Wasnā€™t it under 20 years ago?

My wife and I spent a lovely short week between Shannon and Doolin ten years ago. First screenplay I sell, Iā€™m shipping the kids off to boarding school and moving there to happily go to seed in some cottage and never do another lick of honest labor again in my life. Iā€™m sure it has its downsides, but goddamn, it ainā€™t L.A.

4 Likes

And hey, what happened to all those 8 billion people with ā€œracial issuesā€ tonight? I mean, there was a whole graphic about it and everythingā€¦

Do you like rain? Thereā€™s a reason itā€™s the Emerald Isle.

4 Likes

I dislike rain a whole lot less than I dislike L.A. I really do love the Southern California climate I grew up in, but itā€™s a postapocalyptic hellscape now, innit?

Waitā€¦ how many generations removed do you have to be to be able to go back for free?

I am hoping MrsTobinL got winning numbers on the BC649 ticketā€¦

5 Likes

I thought he was referring to the fact (or at least so I heard) that Ireland was actively soliciting skilled immigration during its ā€œCeltic Tigerā€ boom, and that if you had a certain percentage (25%?) of Irish blood, you could relocate there for freesies. But probably Iā€™m remembering (or imagining) it all wrong.

2 Likes

great grandfather came over in a boatā€“if it had been grandfather then citizenship (at least when we looked in 2002) would have been automatic.

and the first screenplay you sell that makes it to the screens, i want photos of your reaction at how disappointed you are >:D

next time you are there check out the Burren. it is a huge area, and like nothing i have every seen.

4 Likes

two and you have citizenship. my wife is three, i amā€¦ more. i keep telling her mom she should get citizenship, then iā€™ll take up the legal battle so we can get it too :smiley:

eta

25% is right on the mark. 12.5% is too little if you arenā€™t part of the EU.

2 Likes

Iā€™m likeā€¦ 4. I too, has a sad now.

4 Likes

I had one Irish Catholic great-grandfather, and another that was an Orangeman ( sparks flew on that side). I wonder if that would have counted?

We did check out the Burren, and it is as amazing as you say! I was rather surprised at how wonderfully at-home I felt in that country.

I wonder if that script weā€™re fiddling with here on the BBS will be the first thing to sell? :wink: It really is turning into something much more intriguing than I thought it would, slowly and whenever we can devote time to it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes

I refuse to go out with a man who brings his work home with him.

How about those who bring their personal problems to work?