Will Clinton "Finish Him" at third debate?

2016 has been shit. For many reasons, but the election certainly isn’t the least among them.

9 Likes

Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things.

Remember, it’s garbagecan, not garbagecannot.

23 Likes

So glad I wasn’t the only one. I had a teacher in early grade school get extremely concerned when I said Oscar was one of my favorite mupets.

10 Likes

okay this is completely irrelevant to the actual discussion

I read the beginning of the headline and thought, doesn’t everyone just call him Bill?

5 Likes

We were just born curmudgeons, I guess.

6 Likes

The problem is that no amount of explaining the context would matter so addressed the content briefly and used it as a jumping off point to discuss Russia’s involvement in the election process and pin Trump to answer the question “do you condemn foreign nations attempting to influence the election” with “I don’t know Putin, but Russia being closer to the US is a good thing” only to be pressed and saying “yeah sure, whoever is doing the attacks shouldn’t do it.”

That’s the kind of thing a brief debate answer can give to swing opponents. Just saying the content isn’t factual or misleading or even fabricated gets you nowhere. That’s why it is a good move.

The only time she flat looked weak was with the Clinton Foundation questions, but again it’s something she could have easily crumbled over discussing for several minutes fruitlessly and instead turned the tables on Trump, which he ran with and it made his accusations of corruption focusing around Haiti to sound petty and dumb despite being legitimate targets for him to go after.

“Bigly” was a thing Trump said multiple times.

As in…“He hit me over the head bigly with a hammer”.

Presidential nominee that has all the best words.

Edit: OCTOBER SURPRISE! Apparently “bigly” is a real word in the dictionary, despite the fact that it’s not a real word. It must be rigged in favor of Trump.

8 Likes

Drinking may have been a mistake. Instead of taking the edge off, it made it that much harder to escape the Trumpian nightmare. The nonsensical word salad he spews out instead of answering questions became that much harder to parse - not that it would have made sense sober, but it just required me to pay more attention to him, which is always a mistake. You just get pulled deeper into the madness.

Applicable to all his responses to all the questions at the debates (at least the last two that I’ve seen). He just doesn’t answer the questions - even when the question is really simple, like, “Are you going to send in ground troops?” he simply doesn’t answer it; often he starts talking about another subject entirely, as in this case. I mean, it makes sense - his entire campaign is “Hillary is terrible and I’ll do great things,” with nothing more specific than that. He can’t answer questions - he simply doesn’t know enough about anything to do so.

Well, they are - he uses “law and order” to mean “the police can do whatever they want, without checks or constraints imposed upon them.” He’s been pretty clear about that in his various speeches.

Yeah, I listened to that thinking, “Wow, that’s a lot of dog whistles. He really isn’t trying to appeal to anyone outside his base.”

16 Likes

He doesn’t want police. He wants what every autocrat does. His private military to go out and kill his domestic enemies and dissenters.

12 Likes

Yes I know , snd agree :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m not sure what was worse. The article or that awful font they were using.

Those x’s we’re almost as offensive to me as Trump.

14 Likes

I couldn’t find the part in the end credits of “MST3K: The Movie” where Crow sees the credits for “Puppet Wrangler” and states,“Puppet wrangler? I didn’t see any puppets in this movie!” So this’ll hafta do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xfHERb4QDs

5 Likes

Typical male-chauvinist; it’s 15 minutes for men only, I guess.

And his was up back in the 1990s.

4 Likes

You mean a public servant?

2 Likes

It’s like trying to discuss something with a bi-polar person in a manic phase and they’re not taking their meds. Been there, done that. So, I didn’t need to watch the debates.

5 Likes

18 Likes

“We create our own reality” - Karl Rove.

I think he was more or less repeating a remark by Goebbels but I don’t have it to hand.

5 Likes

POST-DEBATE UPDATE: Trump went full-bore conspiracy theorist, Clinton stumbled only a little on Wikileaks stuff, but I was dead wrong about one thing: the debate did not settle down afterward. Trump refused to say he’d accept the result of the election, called Clinton a “nasty woman” and generally reminded all watching that his 40% is his 40% and it isn’t going to go away.

15 Likes

As the Arctic warms, Siberia and Alaska should become more habitable. Perhaps Putin could welcome all freedom loving, gun toting, white racist Americans to build their own Libertarian non-State in Siberia, and Trump could lead them there on his nucular-powered icebreaker - the best icebreaker - the Mayflower, to build a society where women know their place and you can have your very own ICBM in your backyard silo. Plenty of oil, plenty of things to shoot.

7 Likes