Will Clinton "Finish Him" at third debate?

I personally would stop short of the arctic circle. Likely somewhere in Kamloops or up by Quisnel where I can fish every day, see bear regularly, and be surrounded by dense semi-coastal temperate rainforest.

4 Likes

Just saw the highlights on The Grauniad homepage.

Jesu Cristo America, good luck next month.

12 Likes

If everything goes right, we’ll be fine.

Even though the republicans have been relentlessly working to erode our educational system, they can’t get the results they want without a significant delay.

They’d have to be an entrenched power for at least 20 years before reasonable teachers start dying off.

3 Likes

That IS a surprise! A horrible one! I’m all for this “English is an evolving language” stuff but, c’mon, bigly? What are the dictionary-industrial complex tryna pull here?

Interestingly, last year Slate got a Trump staffer to defensively claim he was actually saying “big league”:
"It’s big league,” Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks tells Slate. Oh? OK then.

4 Likes

It is not even that so much. Obama was disappointing, but still seemed to do the best he could…

The issue is the batshit crazy fuckers who currently hold Congress & the Senate, who were so petulant about Obama that they were fine with shutting the government down because reasons.

It’s kind of driven home how powerful the President is, while at the same time how powerless the position really can be. I mean, on the one hand, he (or soon she) can issue an executive order to kill anyone, anywhere (and we foreigners have a bit of an issue with that, actually). On the other, Scalia’s been mercifully dead for months and still can’t be replaced.

So hopefully the Trump Travelling Circus doesn’t distract from getting rid of those Tea Party pig-fluffers as well. That’s almost more important. Oh, and don’t forget 2018 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You know what? I kind of hope tRump does attempt a coup. Then he and his supporters can see what the very narrow definition our constitution has of treason gets paid back with, and we can resume civil elections that don’t emphasize and celebrate morons with guns, angry racists, and rapists.

17 Likes

I occasionally hear the second g. I do think he’s trying to say “big league.” Not that that makes a ton of sense in the way he’s using it. But any non-narcissist of even below-average intelligence (and active on Twitter no less) would have noticed people making fun of “bigly” months ago and put in the effort to enunciate going forward.

3 Likes

God this is so painful…

13 Likes

8 Likes

You come at the crown, you best not miss.

5 Likes

It doesn’t surprise me too much to learn that it’s a cromulent word.

7 Likes

Yep. From Mary’s wiki page:

Steenburgen is a close friend of former Senator and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and supported Clinton’s 2008 Presidential campaign along with Danson. She also spoke at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

For the brief moment PBS followed trump’s exit from the stage, the only person I recognized from “his” crowd of supporters was Vince Neil, and Mr. Neil didn’t look too impressed.

This bullshit. THIS. When he said that I damn near kicked over the coffee table. As usual, it reflects a callous disregard for every American, and especially democracy as a whole. Used to be that the world knew America’s political elite would exchange power peacefully and without question in the face of a fully completed/tallied vote. Seems stupid, but you’ll notice that the Concession Speech by the loser of the election is always carried by the networks, or at the very least, the media and the campaigns themselves announce that such a call has been made to the opposing campaign–it’s done without guns and violence and threats of retaliation or whatever.
But no longer. trump has, again, normalized something that should never have been normalized, and American democracy is that much weaker for it.

19 Likes

Am I the only one bitter that Trump’s existence contributed to people voting for Clinton over Sanders because she was (supposedly) more likely to beat him?

11 Likes

Frankly, at this point my fury is directed at the Republicans for allowing this shyster to operate as freely as he has. There’s no adult in the room telling him, not just asking politely or suggesting out of the side of their mouth, but telling him that his actions and behaviors are absolutely out of line. What happened to the big bad Republican Party, full of manly men who scale any wall and assault any country in their way? Turns out they were sycophants all along.

16 Likes

Don’t worry, they’ll rewrite themselves as having resisted Trump all along. That brief moment of doubt right before they willfully shoved themselves directly up his ass is resistance, right?

14 Likes

Cheney was the last of that generation, the nixonian dont-give-a-shit thugs who became hardened Cold Warriors.

The following wave was simply full of religious nutters and overprivileged sons of wealthy white lawyers, too busy making sure they look awesome to actually think about what they’re supposed to push for.

11 Likes

Yea, but you have to spend A LOT of time touching it.

2 Likes

Could be worse…

7 Likes

That was Vince Neil? I was trying to figure out who that blond guy was, but he totally didn’t look like Neil to me.

1 Like