Will Clinton "Finish Him" at third debate?

Things got heated this morning on PBS

28 Likes

This needs to be a on a shirt!

14 Likes

Wow. They are already writing the narrative of his loss to a woman, aren’t they?

But I think we’re going to see Trump being the Father Coughlin of the 21st century in the coming years.

9 Likes

It’s really sad that all these Trump parodys aren’t that far removed for the things that actually come out of his mouth. Sad.

14 Likes

Thanks. :wink:

4 Likes

Probably more insidious than Father Coughlin. More like the person that is no friend of the Charles Coughlins of the world, but uses them for political advantage to stir up the masses.

…and It Can’t Happen Here comes up yet again in discussing this election. Scary times indeed. Y’all need to read that book if you haven’t already.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I think he’s fine with the existing police and military and prosecutors… so long as they don’t have any constraints on their behavior and they do exactly what he wants, no matter how illegal. So, uh, yeah, what you said.
The words “law and order” coming from him really are so ironic.

I keep thinking, ‘Adult arguing with drunk child.’ That, by itself, would be amusing. The outcome of the debates was always a foregone conclusion - it’s an educated, intelligent adult arguing with a drunk child. Sure, that drunk child may “do well” in that he says something that’s surprisingly coherent for a drunk child, but he’s still a drunk child with no coherent, intelligent argument or position. The problem is that there are people treating what the two candidates are saying as if they were remotely comparable, and that becomes completely infuriating because it’s so utterly insane.

Yeah, to be fair, he is saying (or trying to say) “big league.” Also to be fair, he doesn’t enunciate worth shit and in the context that he’s using it, it doesn’t really make any more sense than “bigly.” It’s more verbal tic than adjective - which seems to explain most of his speech.

8 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/vHCC5

Yep, that was him:

1 Like

Sadly, Sanders’ brother may split the vote in the Witney constituency and let in the Conservatives again. If it looks as if that happened I’m going to make a print of the results and send them to our local Green councillors with a suitably impolite note.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like himself at all! Crazy!

2 Likes

That’s the most British thing I’ve heard all day and Richard Thompson (once of Fairport convention) was on our local radio this morning promoting a show!

7 Likes

I don’t understand why Trump seems so concerned about voter fraud. Has he seen the polls? Massive voter fraud is probably the only possible way he could win this election.

20 Likes

Is there really any chance that the Conservatives won’t win Witney?

I see the Church of the Militant Elvis party guy is standing there this time…

3 Likes

I missed it.

I think I’ll cry…

(Just noticed @lamaranagram beat me to it. Maybe others? I’m only down to comment #150…)
♪ Memories light the corners of my mind ♪
♪ Misty water-colored memories of the way we were ♪
♪ Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind ♪
♪ Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were. ♪

EDIT: I had some of this anyway

5 Likes

That just makes me think of Rwanda. And, it frightens me. I already know too many seemingly-decent people who like to listen to Hate Radio.

9 Likes

None, really. The worst the Conservatives have done there in the last 30 years is 43.0% of the vote, in 1997.

1 Like

I can find quotes where he definitely means it as bigly and not big league. He has said he will cut taxes bigly more than once.

1 Like

By which he means for the big leagues (the wealthy).

6 Likes

Well at least he’s clarified a bit from last night’s debate position of refusing to accept any result

18 Likes

if he wins, not rigged. If the loses, rigged. Go it. What a fucking tool.

19 Likes