Woman gored after approaching bison in Yellowstone National Park

Just to say…
From rural Ayrshire (SW Scotland) and…
NEVER GO NEAR ANY CATTLE. EVER.
EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE HERD.
Farmers die every year trampled by their own herd.
You got tonnes of muscle prep’d for danger and you, a human predator, are surprised when it reacts. Mate, that bull covers s field in 10 seconds so unless you can clear it and stone dyke about 1.7 metres (about 5 foot 8) in 9 seconds: DON’T.

12 Likes

sooo…
drunken cow-tipping is right out then, i assume?
damn, college was a long time ago… :cow2:

6 Likes

Cows kill more people every year than dogs, sharks and bear attacks.

12 Likes

And that’s when Summer officially began…

2 Likes

They DO get rather tetchy if approached when in flagrante.
Cases of bystander injury in cowtus interruptus are very common.

4 Likes

People mistakes them with domesicated animals. A cow knows that the hoomin is giving food an shelter so hoomin is good, hoomin has to be alive if is not crazed. For wild animals hoomin is a nuisange or a danger and has to be liked.

3 Likes

No, but her surgeon tattooed it on her lower intestine after her bowel resection.

8 Likes

Especially when you factor E.Coli from improperly handled beef products.

3 Likes

Came for this, was not disappoint.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Except in central park.

though there are the acid pools.

4 Likes

This article is about bison, not the police.

4 Likes

Guideline says to stay 25 yards away. My personal safe distance from a full-grown bison? Closer to 250 yards away, I don’t want that thing to smell me, let alone see me.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Well, yeah. How often do cows have the opportunity to kill sharks, dogs, and bears?

7 Likes

Well, they do have overlapping habitats.

[Don’t forget about Florida. 886,000 head of cattle.]

4 Likes

Not as clear as “James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher”

4 Likes

Coober Pedy, Oz:

coober-pedy-pictures-5

13 Likes

That adviceis for ALL big dumb bulky animals, so police, cattle of all kind, hippos, deer etc.

3 Likes

I blame Walt Disney and other cartoonists rendering violently dangerous critters as cute widdle fuzzies. Disney Corp also destroyed the USA public domain but that’s another topic. Try this: every video or story featuring anthropomorphized animals needs a warning tag. It’ll be ignored, sure. Survivors can be fined.

1 Like