Woman kicked out of mall for wearing Finding Nemo tank top and shorts

I am not ignoring anything she SAID. I am not making a supposition and adding in words she did not say.

Like I stated previously…I certainly do not think its an impossibility that there was racial motivation, only that the evidence is not there based on the statements.

There’s no cleavage, there’s no demonic bra straps showing …

Yep. Nailed it.

4 Likes

Bingo! The problem is giving any complainant the time of day. Some people’s requests are not reasonable, the training should be about identifying and responding to that.

5 Likes

don’t add words into her statement. “other girls” /= “all white girls”.

If you want to play this game, enjoy. Its not one I am into.

2 Likes

You keep willfully ignoring the fact the evidence is there. She said other women were wearing similar outfits, but they were not ejected.

7 Likes

Again…you are adding in race. Did she say “other WHITE girls”? I do not see that. By all means highlight the racial words for me, perhaps my eyesight is going.

1 Like

Well, we can’t be nude, because that tempts men to stray from JAYSUS, so cover up … more … more … more … NO not THAT much, now you look like an oppressed Muslim woman! Take something off! No wait that’s too much! UGH can’t you just stay home where we don’t have to worry about it?!

33 Likes

My 16 yr old wears what she wants when she wants, despite what her mom and I say or think of said attire.

Our parental benchmark has become: Don’t be nekkid. its an easy bar to reach.

1 Like

My daughter, being a very slim white-looking* girl with no bust development to speak of, was able to flout school dress codes with impunity. My rule was that I won’t BUY you an outfit I don’t think is appropriate, but you’re welcome to save your own money and buy what you like. Amazing how much less vital that crop-top becomes when they have to spend their own money on it. :wink:

(*She’s actually Latina, which is also an ethnicity that’s overly sexualized)

23 Likes

WE DID THIS TOO!!! It is absolutely amazing how that worked out the same way for us.

I am not a fan of a crop top showing off her mid riff…but I don’t come down on her as a purtanical dad about it and say “Hey, you want to show off your mid riff, then as your dad I get to poke your belly and make the sound like the pillsbury doughboy” She hates it so much.

half irish half nigerian. and as an athlete she is very fit but also very curvy, so she’s gotten into that phase wanting to show off herself a bit. I just remind her “make good choices”.

3 Likes

Buying crop-tops would seriously cut into my daughter’s manga/comic/book and art supplies monies… so she doesn’t buy clothes. But she also wears a constant uniform of jeans and anime shirts. She has no real interest in showing off her body…

21 Likes

White skin.

9 Likes

You are raising that kid right!

11 Likes

Whatever the corporate overlords say.

One of the main cultural issues in the good 'ol USA, in my opinion, is the lack of good third spaces.

6 Likes

I don’t know if Bewitched still airs on TV, but in a world increasingly filled with Gladys Kravitz types, we need more like her husband Abner.

8 Likes

If only she were the King of Thailand…

12 Likes

Why should people have to wear shoes?

3 Likes

Serious question - but what if she did? What if the Comic Book fund got drained to other things? Are there some hard limits or a veto scenario, or is there no rules if they paid for it? Is age a factor? (ie what is allowed at 14 different than say 17).

I too haven’t had to deal with anything like that, and she wears a school uniform at school, but who knows what is in my future.

2 Likes

That’s just a common misunderstanding. The correct title, which the OC apparently misheard, is “Hair Furor.”

Nothing to do with Germany at all. (-:

3 Likes

I hope so. I don’t think that either @manybellsdown or @quorihunter are doing anything “wrong” that their kids prioritize clothing over manga. My kiddo is her own person, as are all kids…

17 Likes