All Cops Are Buttheads

Honestly, I believed it for a second until I saw the well-known Onion thumbnail.

8 Likes

Same.

8 Likes

ETA: same: archive.ph

6 Likes

Cops have been giving shit sandwiches to the public for a long, long time.

9 Likes

Oh No Facepalm GIF

7 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Manslaughter is better than not guilty but not the murder conviction it should have been.

10 Likes

A burgeoning scandal in rural Alabama, not too far from me (down the road a fahr piece, as they say).

Roberts was found guilty of criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct. Alston was convicted of criminal trespassing and interfering with governmental operations.

It’s an incredible story. The video is amazing. Notice the have-a-heart trap in the video. These women were trapping stray cats to bring them to a shelter to have them spayed/neutered. The “feeding” was because that’s how they lured them into the traps. They’ve been doing it for months, if not years.

They were also vocal critics of the small-town mayor. When put on the stand, the cops were evasive about the claim that the mayor personally ordered them arrested for feeding the cats. “It came from the mayor’s office.”

Love the small-town politics.

Here’s a good opinion piece on it:

The town at one point was featured in a TLC home renovation show:

According to locals, that whole thing was corrupt as hell as well. One of the renovated properties was the mayor’s “barber shop,” which he hadn’t used as a place of business for years but nonetheless was renovated.

12 Likes

from

10 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

So, dragging someone gets them fired while shooting and/or killing people leads to suspensions, suppressing release of the evidence, delays or refusals in charging the shooter/killer, etc.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

9 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but that is a satire ‘news’ site, right?

4 Likes

Very much so.

The Hard Times is a very real punk news site that you should not question. Just absorb the information as truth and move on. The historic satire site was founded in December 1976. It’s made by a group of punk and hardcore kids from all the different sub-genres of the DIY hardcore scene. Any resemblance to actual persons or band names is coincidental.

5 Likes

Shelia Jackson wanted her son who has autism to feel comfortable around police officers.

11 Likes

Shit, that’s horrible!
I don’t know how realistic it is, but the show “A-typical” has an arc where the teenage autistic son has a run-in with police. It spurs his father, an EMT, to develop a whole training program for first responders related to dealing with people with autism. I wish that were more common IRL. :cry:

10 Likes