You say you want a revolution? Well, here’s some stuff you can do other than crying about Bernie not being the nominee.
This wiki list is the “competitive seats.”
- In Florida, Marco Rubio is running for re-election. It’s currently a “toss-up.” I like Rocky De La Fuente to replace him. Here’s his campaign site.
- In Nevada, Harry Reid is retiring. It’s currently a “toss-up.” The Democractic candidate here is Catherine Cortez Masto. She’s got some pretty good positions on her campaign website.
- In New Hampsire, Kelly Ayotte is our Republican dickweasel. Maggie Hassan is our warrior there. Here’s her site. I can’t find much on her policies, but…well…she’s not Republican.
- Honorable mention to Russ Feingold in Wisconsin, one of my personal favorite politicians. His site is here. He’s running for a seat currently occupied by Tea Party gremlin Ron Johonson.
- Other states worth looking at include Indiana (the imperfect Evan Bayh there), Ohio (the not-great Ted Strickland), and Pennsylvania (the pretty bog-standard Kate McGinty), which are close enough that a bit of push could go a long way.
Here’s a link to the competitive elections for house. I’d take a real close look at anything where the incumbent is R and it’s a Tossup. The House usually deals with much smaller populations than the Senate, so if you’re looking to make an impact, this is where you’ll be felt the most!
Any politicians in your area you are pumped about? Any representatives we should be paying attention to? Where are the close races? I want to know where to throw my money and effort.