Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Anyone want to talk about the Speaker debacle?

I’m finding it rather amusing that they can’t find someone who can work with the ‘Freedom Caucus’. I read something somewhere the other day talking about how they don’t actually want to win, they came to Washington to be obstructive and fight.

Paul Ryan seems to be getting pushed into it. Good, 'cos that’ll stop him running for President.

Maybe a Boehner who really doesn’t give a shit about appeasing the nutjobs on the right of his party might get something done.

6 Likes

So, who’s watching?

Who is this Webb guy? O’Malley is like Kerry on Mogadon.

The other three are doing okay. At least they’re talking like adults, mostly. Too many memorized bullet points, though.

2 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Webb is in the wrong party.

Chafee was dire - generally I quite like him, but he isn’t cut out for a national election. He really should have prepared a better answer to that question about his early Senate votes.

O’Malley I like more than I do Clinton.

Sanders was the best by a country mile, although Clinton is smoother, I just disagree with her on a lot of issues.

3 Likes

I’m heartened that Bernie has narrowed the gap to make it a two-person race from the jump.

3 Likes

Did anyone watch Rand Paul’s livestream?

The way the media says Clinton won the debate even though objectively Sanders won the debate is giving me unhappy feels about the next few months.

It reminds me of when Dan Rather got fired from CBS for reporting negative things about George W. Bush. That’s when I knew John Kerry was toast, no matter what he did, no matter what happened after that. The fix was in.

3 Likes

I missed the debate. Can anyone point me to a recording that’s both legit and free?

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I think it’s easier to write the narrative to conform to the expected Clinton story arc. It takes both more work, and incurs more risk, to write the narrative about Sanders. Social loafing.

1 Like

13 Likes

They’re just getting increasingly desperate… and more easily exposed. This is a weakness we can and will continue to exploit.

They’re digging their own, hubristic, corrupt grave by being this obvious. They’re now easily exposed to the general public as the biased, disingenuous arm of elite, self-serving corporatists that they really are.

This election will show the American public at large a solid look behind their corporate media matrix of illusions. Once they lose too much credibility with average Americans, much of their power to manufacture consent will falter in many critical ways that we’ll strategically exploit.

The corporate media is oppositional towards Sanders and our powerful grassroots movements that surround and support him. There’s no getting around that fact. We are a very real threat to the corrupt way of life of their owners, executives, and lackeys.

They are the corporate media and we are very decidedly not here to continue to appease and bow down to the ridiculously wealthy corporatists who own them and/or collude with them to keep the rich getting ever richer on the backs of everyone else.

The corporate media as it’s structured today is by the corporatists and for the corporatists. We truly are their enemy. There is no getting around it. No reason to sugarcoat it. There’s no reason to fool ourselves that the corporate media will ever properly inform and empower the public at large. In the view of those owners and executives, that’s not their real job.

We will outsmart and outstrategize them and do the job they won’t do – We’ll properly inform Americans about Bernie Sanders (and our agendas) through old-school word-of-mouth, various guerrilla marketing tactics and creating a political movement that even they can’t ignore entirely.

We’ve got more fortitude, heart and strategy than they can even fathom. Astroturf and old-school corporate media tricks cannot stand up to this. If they want to spew lies that are easily exposed. Good. We’ll use their own lies against them to expose them to the American public.

We didn’t start this fucking class war, but we’re here to finish it and save our dwindling representative democracy within our struggling republic. The corporate media isn’t prepared for our 2015 grassroots dynamic, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that they’re getting nervous and downright desperate to hide what they can no longer properly hide.

That said, some of the corporate media (MSNBC) has decided to come clean (to some extent):

Surprisingly (to me), Chris Matthews used these images on his show tonight to show why Bernie won the debate & how the media is biased (CowTip to Reddit)

Meanwhile…

https://twitter.com/limjucas/status/654264827913879552

7 Likes
2 Likes

Hillary flubbed this one…

No, Hillary, Edward Snowden Didn’t Have Whistleblower Protections

3 Likes

Looks like Lessig has dropped the resigning idea.

I wonder if he’ll outline some other policies now?

Lessig gets his ass handed to him on Bill Maher on the show last night. They’re trying to tell him to support Bernie, trying to explain to him how solidarity works… but Lessig won’t hear it. Lessig just looks like a whiney, stubborn jackass who continues to refuse to understand our grassroots plan. It’s pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vad5iL8dm9A

Try this one:

1 Like

“Please sign in to view this video.” I ain’t signing shit.

4 Likes

Man, you be all like…

6 Likes