Gwyneth Paltrow wants you to squirt coffee up your asshole using this $135 glass jar

guess you’ll have to go to the one across the street. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like it, reminiscent of an old soda water bottle. Price and Use are questionable though…seems like for that kind of money you could hire someone else to put coffee up your bum.

4 Likes

That’s not how liability works. You can’t abdicate all responsibility ever. But you sure can try.

4 Likes

I was a heavy smoker for ten years, and that’s still got me like

7 Likes

Thank Gawd! I just figured out why Chris Martin had to part ways. This article is so decaf.

1 Like

…soon elected

1 Like

Am I the only one here with a Gwyneth + coffee enema fetish? Holy moly, prayers answered on this day!

2 Likes

It works better with the proper gif…

9 Likes

1 Like

Iced? It sounds like you’ve never had an enema. It’s not really my bag (LOL) but desperate times, desperate measures and all that. I do not recommend iced.

7 Likes

Her whole website sounds like The Road to Wellville

9 Likes

This article is kind of preaching to the converted. Getting rid of toxins would indeed be helpful. But putting quotes around a detox that isn’t effective is no more informative than putting quotes around anything else. I can perform “heart surgery” because I am untrained, but that in no way means that actual heart surgery isn’t something that actually exists. It all amounts here to saying that coffee up your is actively harmful, when it isn’t. Criticism would make more sense if this thing was offered with any specific healthcare claims, but they aren’t mentioned here.

Neither would i since that’d drasticly lower your core temperature. I just went full on with the joke of 'someone went to starbucks and pumped coffee up their bum on the spot.)

1 Like

Gwyneth is always good for a laugh, but she’s one of the less-offensive woo-merchants, IMO.

It’s a refreshing change to find one that preys upon the privileged daft rather than the hopeless poor.

13 Likes

Be glad you didn’t try with a Frappuccino instead.

4 Likes

On Christmas day my neighbor screamed “but the pods don’t fit.” I thought it was for a K-pod coffee maker. It explains why they walked so funny as they rounded the corner with their dog. I suppose this setup would have made it easier on their New Year’s cleanse ritual.

11 Likes

I was trying to remember the title of that movie when somebody was explaining the nutty origin of Ralston as in Ralston Purina.

1 Like

Citation needed.

25 Likes

Do you not shit? Many metabolic by-products are indeed toxic, so they are removed from the cells/tissues/body. Again, all your linked article says is that some processes which are marketed as removing toxins don’t. It does not indicate that some substances are not toxic, nor that such substances can’t be removed. But your blanket dismissal condemns the Poison Control Hotline as much as it does Gwyneth Paltrow.

So, in citing your own articles in a circular fashion, you effectively critiquing this as a form of consumerist mockery, rather than a real medical expose. Which is why I said that it preaches to the converted.

4 Likes

I think GOOP really means business; the coffee enema bottle appears to be graduated and by highly trained metrology professionals, with clear markings that would allow the health-conscious user to rectally introduce precise quantities of ones’ favorite brew. Such care. Such consideration. GOOP. I believe these people are thoughtful and serious.

2 Likes

She’s ruining the name of an old respected company. My brother swore by this stuff when he was a mechanic.

17 Likes