If you vote for Trump, then screw you

Well, both Trump and Stein are objectively pro-Putin.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, I don’t make light of it, but as I stated earlier "From out of country it seems like most of the vitriol comes from the liberals."
This means that over here in the UK we don’t get to hear about these details unless we go looking for them, news stations only carry passing coverage, and not always in a good light regarding protestors.[quote=“Snowlark, post:159, topic:85956”]
Fox News is not frothing in the shadows. It’s frothing night and day through millions of household televisions across the country.
[/quote]
and @Brainspore
Not in the UK nor Europe it’s not. Not unless you subscribe to it. Most of the freely available TV media is fairly liberal. Hence, there tends to be a lot more Conservative-bashing than Democrat-bashing. Ditto TV shows, comedies etc. and why it appears that most of the abuse comes from the liberals. I’m sure that in the US it feels very different, but from here we get a different picture.
How we appear to ourselves is not always how we appear to others.

1 Like

Ahhhh. Okay, I did misunderstand you.

I’m not surprised. Part of the problem with media outlets such as Fox is that they’re deficient in actual, usable information (at best) and often speckled with half-truths and conjecture.

Those in other countries—I assume–want to hear about the news. What’s happening. Who, what, where, when, why. Need ground-level news on U.S. economic news? Head to the NY Times or the Wall Street Journal. Interested in the long reads that probe into sociopolitical or cultural aspects of issues? The New Republic is a great place to start. Want to hear all sides of the story? NPR does just that every day.

With the exception of WSJ, all of these media outlets are considered center-left. (The New Republic more so just ‘center’). To me, none of the TV networks make the cut because they really don’t do a great job distilling the news nor do they go very deep into issues.

Call it biased, call it coincidence, but those are the sources I’d go to if I were in another part of the world and wanted to catch up on what’s actually happening in the States.

5 Likes

Well that’s not something I ever expected to read here.

Whose work is that? Ron Mueck? Patricia Piccinini?

Do you mean bombastic as it is commonly and incorrectly used, or in its correct meaning? In its correct meaning, bombastic is more like Warren G Harding.

There’s the clincher. I’m referring to mr/s average non-American. They don’t actively seek out American news, they have their own news to worry about. What they glean about American news is in passing or that which makes big headlines, and in passing there’s a shit-tonne more Republican bashing than the other way around.

You’ve got me curious now as to how U.S.-based news is curated and licensed for distribution in other countries. Any recommendations on where to read up on that?

Unfortunately, no. That’s got me curious too though. Let me know if you find anything out.

Because reality and facts have a liberal bias? Where is this ‘abuse’ you’re talking about?

24 Likes

And that’s exactly what they want, because every single one of those Trump supporters is going to.

5 Likes

It’s a still from Blade.

3 Likes

Projection. It’s plain old projection. Not even ironic.

4 Likes

Part of me wonders if it’s less “Republican-bashing” as such, and more just “dipshit-bashing.”

18 Likes

here’s a proposal - if Trump wins, he gets to fuck up the world in his own special way, but if Trump loses, then anybody who did not vote for him has the option to also kick him in the balls.

Who’s with me?

5 Likes

If they’re on par with the rest of the equipment, I’m not sure I’ve got good enough aim to hit such a small target.

(Yes, that was bad. I don’t care at this point.)

10 Likes

You know, I think I need to address this in another thread:

3 Likes

If you’re getting media from us that is painting the Democrats as liberals, I think I see the problem. Short version? They’re not liberals, although they are the closest thing we have. This is, of course, like declaring flat level ground a mountain, simply because the only other alternative available to you is a deep pit.

I can’t honestly think of anything Republicans have done that deserves to be shown in a positive light. Yes, I am biased about this, but as a group, I just don’t have any praise for them. How about … they could be doing a lot worse? Oh wait, they’re doing that right now, aren’t they? (Democrats get some very low level praise, although I’ll admit that they do some positive things, or at the very least don’t stand in the way when positive things come to pass.)

19 Likes

4 Likes

Both sides seem to disagree on the ideals. For some of us it’s true freedom, striving for equality, better economic and social outcomes, and the opportunity to better ourselves, friends, and families. For others, it’s an authoritarian, white power utopia, something it’s never been nor will never be. Nor should it.

24 Likes