Trump supporter warns of "taco trucks on every corner" if he loses

Having lived in Germany for a couple years, I can say that Donner Kebap is very definitely not the same as the other two. Given how uncommon it is in the States, and, how they look at least on first blush similar, I can see how it might seem that way, but, Donner is very clearly the product of mixing two cultural cuisines and producing a very interesting hybrid (The initial turkish dish, as interpreted/influenced by the German food sensibility, which I once read described as “Food who’s sole purpose is to keep the beer company in your stomach”).

4 Likes

Ah so THIS is what the governor of Maine was warning us about.

(I questioned who was the enemy, suggesting delicious taco stands, and it appears I was right!)

7 Likes

It mostly has to do with where it’s country of origin is, it’s mostly still going to be lamb/beef that is grilled on a rotating stick:
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-gyros-shawarma-döner-kebab

4 Likes

Good rule to remember: if tacos are your enemy, you are fighting for the wrong side.

24 Likes

Döner kebab and gyros are, to me, almost identical, but I suspect this is a product of living in the US.

Shawerma doesn’t customarily use tzatziki and uses tahini instead and it’s wrapped up more like a burrito in thinner flatbread. Often this is grilled after assembly. A garlic paste is sometimes added. Often quick pickles find their way in. It’s gotten very customizable over the past few decades, people ask for all kinds of things in them, even french fries.

12 Likes

If Hillary’s PR team (the folks who grabbed vagendaofmanocide.com for her donation page) don’t jump on this PR gift from the gods, I will lose all faith in them.

Taco trucks at every campaign stop. Hillary-sponsored taco trucks handing out free tacos. Hillary-branded fish taco kits. Wait, that last one is a terrible idea.

26 Likes

What about ketchup?

7 Likes

Mexiterranean?

20 Likes

I dunno, i’d sign up to demolish all the tacos

Ah…so basically the meat would be more or less the same but you would look out for what sauces and condiments, and what bread … good to know.

All sound lovely … and now I’m very hungry…

7 Likes

Regarding schwarma and associated, I’m posting my relevant recipes over in the BBS Cookbook thread!

And now I’m wondering how taco meat would taste in a pita bread with chummus and Israeli salad…

9 Likes

Don’t bring that noise in here.

8 Likes

13 Likes

It worked out well for Korean BBQ tacos & burritos, so this definitely piques my interest.

6 Likes

Sure. It’s not a hot dog.

4 Likes

Something like this

Or was it this?

10 Likes

That would buy a lot of tacos for sure.

5 Likes

That reminds me, how are we doing on beligans these days…

ETA: Woah, didn’t even realize she refers to the falafel waffle as a “yummy gooey cone-y taco” at 0:18…

4 Likes

There’s precedence for that

17 Likes

There are no taco trucks near me. Sadness.
I guess we need more xenophobes to kick out of government before this flame of taco deliciousness can manifest?

7 Likes