Wonderful Thing of the Month contest

While you’re waiting for the November results, enjoy this little bit of joy!

8 Likes

Because funky chickens are wonderful

6 Likes

(Didn’t notice this thread until now. I’ll see myself out.)

3 Likes

December is on a roll!

6 Likes

Thank you once again, Jennifer Sandlin, for adding another most Wonderful Thing to the Directory. I know you have a forum account but there’s no explicit linkage so I won’t do an @ call out!

I marked my calendar for May 11 when the chosen flag is deployed (should they follow through with the plan); would make a great follow-up post.

Much gratitude to @GratuitousFish for a slam-dunk nomination.
Oh! I almost forgot: the trophy!
spinningstar
It’s nothing religious, just that there’s this thing about the northern hemisphere where it’s always stinkin dark this time of year so the stars come out more! Stay bright fellow mutants!

7 Likes

Wonderful!!

:grinning:

5 Likes

i think the owl-ly snow angel is beautiful and wonderful!

10 Likes

I nominate this:

9 Likes

I followed this a bit when the conversation first started. I’m so happy to hear they figured it out (and found the song).

6 Likes

This is so delightful.

9 Likes

Absolutely wonderful. Watching the video through to the very end is very much worth it. Love the narration!

5 Likes

I nominate the calf fashionista:

6 Likes
5 Likes

The song “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” always struck me as sardonic, since it’s always so cold and dark a lot of places. But I’ll be cow-kicked, cause December saw record number nominations! Recall, I select the finalists based on number of likes, but there was like a four-way tie for the fifth position, so I decided to add in the “topic likes” for each (the CCBOD may have doomed a couple of them :face_with_diagonal_mouth:)
Anyhoo let’s go!

I guess December really is a Most Wonderful Time
  • BIGGEST Swing Set
  • Chicken Glitch
  • Swoop Owl Snow Angel
  • 1913 Pop-up Love Letter
  • Overcoming Social Anxiety
0 voters
2 Likes

tiebreaker poll closes in 24 hrs,

• Room service: objective attained
  • Owl Angel, Owl Angel :notes:
0 voters
1 Like

The swooping owl snow angel inches ahead for the Most Wonderful Thing™ of the (supposedly) most Wonderful Month of the year!

Posted to BB’s Front Page by the elusive Popkin. In lieu of a trophy, I present a short yet interminable fireworks show:
fireworksa

And the results would not be complete without a nod to the numerator nominator, @FloridaManJefe I think this is your 2nd winning pick, or 3rd? (time to start a spreadsheet :face_exhaling:)

9 Likes

A delightful creature nominee for January:

(See?!!? I’m not just a crazy cat lady!)

13 Likes

A nomination for January (which will inevitably lose to the housekeeping mouse).

6 Likes

Was that some friendly competition I just heard?:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Not really - just a recognition of the fact that cute always has a head start.
I mean, I’ll vote for it! :wink:

6 Likes