#NeedsMoreLikes

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/truck-driver-plows-into-people-in-new-york-bike-lane-multiple-deaths-reported/110221/238?u=nightflyer

5 Likes

hound-embarrassed

4 Likes
6 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a guest author post but this really is is one of the best posts on BB that Iā€™ve ever read. I feel Ms Hermanā€™s thoughts shared here deserve an extra spotlight.

4 Likes

And this reply needs all the likes, I feel.

I really donā€™t want to post on that thread, I canā€™t add anything of value. But I think here, I can express incomprehension without distracting or highjacking the other thread. Or so I hope.

As a white and extremely privileged European male, I canā€™t understand how Jackie could say ā€œNoā€ to the question of she had something to add while someone told her any any other woman, in public, that this was (at least partly) her ā€˜choiceā€™. I. Canā€™t. Understand.
Maybe I also just donā€™t want to.
And maybe thatā€™s because I am a privileged male.
I donā€™t know. I have so many questions, but I might not even be able to listen to some of the answers. :cry:

8 Likes

For using ā€œuniquityā€ in a sentence:

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

You people are disappointing meā€¦ how can this not have like a million likes?

6 Likes

This needs more likesā€¦

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks I missed liking one of those.

2 Likes

Really, just go to that thread, and click like on all of @Magdalene posts. There are other good ones, too, but sheā€™s really knocking it out of the park tonight.

5 Likes

That whole threadā€¦ just ugh.

3 Likes

Just full of victim blaming and doubling down on itā€¦ At this point, Iā€™m not surprised at all by that.

But there are some brilliant and witty responses to that BS.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I <3 @Magdalene!

5 Likes